Chilli Garlic Lime Pan-fried Shishito Peppers
On 31, Aug 2019 | In Recipes | By Jin
By Guilaine Boyce
Yields 4 servings | Prep time: 8 min | Cook time: 7 min | Total time: 15 min
- 2 tbsp avocado or sesame oil
- 12 oz of shishito peppers
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 garlic gloves, finely diced
- 1 cayenne pepper, finely diced
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Make the sauce by stirring together the lime juice, zest, soy sauce, mirin, sesame seeds, diced garlic salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the shishito peppers and cook with frequent stirring for 3-5 minutes until the shishito peppers begin to soften and blister.
- Add the sauce and the diced chilli peppers to the shisito peppers in the skillet and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet and place on a serving dish
- Garnish with green onions slices.